Friday, December 12, 2008

A little bit of people power

On Wednesday December 10, 2008, on a cold concrete platform, we held our little protest against the machinery of Northern Rail and the GMPTE which is choosing to cut our direct services to the main Manchester stations by 90%. Here's our picture. Check it out. A cross section of normal people going to work. This week, the 0811 service has been delayed by about an hour twice, and 30 minutes once. This is not a long haul flight delayed by an hour. This is a 35 minute train ride, delayed by twice its own duration.

I hope that the above photo will appear in the Bolton News (they seem to have dropped the 'Evening' bit) very soon.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I missed this change with being away at university. I'm worried since I commute to Irlam in the summer, if services are cut any further I'll have to find another job at pretty short notice. *angry*

23 December 2008 at 23:09  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been given almost £100 in compensation from Northern rail (yes believe it or not!) for the number of times i have had to complain about their services. I catch the train from blackrod to manchester every day, and the december was just a joke... 80% of my trains were cancelled...

they just dont give a monkeys about blackrod train station. northern rail in general are a rubbish company and couldnt care less about the people that use its services. they cant cope with the demand - so they just cut our service.

i'm not bothered about the money they give me as compensation - i just want to get to work on time.

3 January 2009 at 19:42  

Post a Comment

<< Home